Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Resurrection Sunday + Musings of an Almost Trentahin Child

cake from a birthday shoot last Sunday. cuuute :D



As expected, I had an uneventful Holy Week. While everyone posted his/her beach/church/Visita Iglesia/Penitensya pics (a lot through Facebook Mobile), I spent most of the holidays sitting in front of my laptop, editing and sorting photos, uploading them, and burning dvds. I also got to surf on several art blogs which re-ignited my interest for drawing.

On Resurrection Sunday (I keep on forgetting that it is more apt to use the term "Resurrection" instead of "Easter"), I attended the 10 am CCF service with my parents. I was reminded of the power of the resurrection to change our life's direction, to transform our habits, and change our ordinary lives into extraordinary ones. (Click here to listen to last Sunday's message :) ) With this reminder, I recommit to God all those things I feel I cannot change about myself. As with everyone, I'm going through struggles that seem hopeless to overcome, but I have to remind myself that nothing's impossible with God on my side.

After we had lunch, I shot a birthday party in the afternoon. It was the third kids' birthday party I covered in two months. And it's good because I love shooting kids. :)

Funny that when I was in Megamall, I suddenly heard the music from the Pixar movie "Up". They were playing the soundtrack at the basement activity center, near the food court. While I love the movie, I know seeing it again (or hearing or seeing anything related to it for that matter) will make me cry. Srsly. So I quickly moved beyond earshot and preferred to listen to some local acoustic singer's cover of some foreign song, which they were playing at National Bookstore. Later, at the party, I was surprised to see this:







I know it's the cutest theme ever, but I still believe God has a weird sense of humor. Hehe

I didn't anticipate that I'd be seeing some batchmates at the party and it hit me then that almost everyone my age had a spouse/kid. The remaining ones who are single are attached one way or another (in a relationship/engaged). I just surmised this from 2 or 3 couples I saw, but I'm free to generalize. Haha. Anyway, yes, I still do get bothered at times with this set up in the same way I feel discomfort whenever I shoot weddings. I can't help but look at how less of an adult I am, with my concerns distinctly remote from theirs. But anyway. Hehe. I have to remind myself that everything has its tradeoffs. Two of my married mom friends had told me that I should enjoy where I am because I get to travel a lot, something I couldn't enjoy when I'm raising a child of my own. Trudat.

Work resumed today and I feel bad about not being able to run for three days during the holy week. In fairness to me, I biked around the subdivision last Friday so I still had physical activity. And tonight, I played ultimate after several months. I'm ashamed to admit I first tried ultimate in 2004, 7 *gasp* years ago, but I'm perpetually a beginner because I never stuck around long enough to actually train for a real game. I'm guessing some of the players who join the actual leagues/tournaments were barely out of grade school at the time I started playing, and now, of course, they're excellent at the sport already. (It didn't help that a teammate/disc player asked me awhile ago from what school I am. 'Turned out she's still in college. I simply laughed and said I'm already working without elaborating further. Hehe) I'm still, somehow, hoping I'd get to take this game seriously someday or at least, make better than decent throws next time. I was glad, though, that my endurance for running has improved a lot. During warm-up, we jog twice around the field and I usually feel exhausted before the end of the first round. But awhile ago, I didn't feel tired at all after two rounds.

Tomorrow, I will run again. But I feel a fever coming :( Let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...