Thursday, April 21, 2011

Imbayah Festival

Mon Corpuz of Pinoy Photography posted this in the forum:




Banaue's 10th Imbayah Festival
April 26-29, 2011


Come and visit our Imbayah festival in Banaue, Ifugao this April 26 to 29 and experience our culture, native games, songs and native products, in addition to our rice terraces,


Read more


The last Imbayah was held last 2008. Check it here: http://www.pinoyphotography.org/forum/index.php?topic=28364.0


http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmncrpz/sets/72157604603288330/show/


This festival happens once in every three (3) years and considered to be one of the most beautiful festivals in Northern Philippines.


Highlights will be


• Grand Parade
• Ethnic Games
• Wooden Scooter Race

* * *

I remember seeing the latest Nescafe commercial where a guy photographer was sipping a cup of coffee while talking with natives from the Banaue region and I thought I want to go there too someday and take photos. After the Nepal trip, I want to take more portraits of people in their colorful, native outfits. I hope I can go (never mind that we might need to leave on the night of my birthday. Hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...