Saturday, April 23, 2011

On Photography Goals

LIA_4500 copy

Waiting. Bangkok airport, March 5, 2011



LIA_4487 copy

LIA_4517 copy

I was going to give this entry the title, "Nepal Teaser", but decided against it when I realized, I've posted all my best shots in Facebook (and in my Flickr account) already so there's nothing more to expect. Hehe. And these pics were not taken in Nepal since they were shot at the Bangkok airport en route to Nepal. But I'll be posting the Nepal pics here and in my photo blog really soon.

Today's Black Saturday and I'm spending at least half of it at home, updating this blog, uploading pics in my Flickr. All this free time is forcing me to think about my plans, like in photography (among other aspects). It's been more than a month since I stopped being an official/junior/professional wedding photographer, affiliated with an actual studio, but I do know, I still want to shoot (despite the limited time I can allot for it). Anyway, off the top of my head, these are some photography-related things I want to do:

1. Continue shooting professionally - Birthdays, maybe weddings still, kids, families, portraits, even pets :D
2. Travel more so I can shoot more. But as I always say, as the budget permits. Hehe :)
3. Find something interesting to shoot everyday (or at least try to do it everyday)
4. Do analog photography again using my lomo and the Yashica RF cam I bought almost two years ago, which I haven't even used. Haha. I hate it that the pack of films I have in my room can't be used anymore :(( And these are Astia Xpro films. :(
5. Save up for gear. I hope this year I'll be able to buy a D700. I also want to buy an 85 mm F1.8 lens, a bigger camera bag, a tripod, a 24-70 mm lens (once I get the D700).
6. Update my photoblog more. I'm hoping to post at least one entry a week

Not sure yet where this whole photography hobby/career will take me, but for now, I'm just enjoying the shoots. :) Will definitely add more to that list here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...