Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Random

The best way to start a new blog is with a random, spontaneous, incoherent entry. Hehe. So here it is:



A few months ago, I resolved to blog more consistently. I easily got distracted though, so at some point, I forgot all about it. At least I've been updating my tumblr account more often, despite the (two) week-long backlog. 

For the past few days, I've been reading entries in my law school blog which started from my college graduation (yep, that long ago) until right before the bar exams started, and I realized a few things: 

1. When I first tried Krispy Kreme donuts years ago, I can consume 6 donuts per day, three in one sitting. What the hell was I thinking?? Haha. Even if I have a sweet tooth, I don't think I'll be able to do that now. 

2. I forgot all about that day in law school when, fearing I'll be called for recitation, I got out of the classroom to "go to the restroom", left my bag on my chair, and never came back. As predicted, I was called for recit and got a 5. Bwahaha

3. I hated law school and never excelled in it. I wonder how I was able to graduate and pass the bar? 

4. But despite my disdain for law school, I actually had more direction then than I do now. Looking back, life was a lot easier in school, where there's structure, a steady schedule that someone else prepared for you, a more or less accurate gauge of how well you've been performing in the form of grades. 

5. I cannot believe I found a photo of me looking bigger than my law school blockmate, Oggs. Hahaha

6. My favorite entry is the one about my short, 10-day trip to the US with my siblings, where I was able to meet relatives in San Francisco, Maryland, New York, and the Orange County (Yes, in 10 days). It was one of the best family trips ever. I miss spending time with my brother and sisters.

7. I also forgot about the preferential option for the poor (back in theo class in college under Bobbyguev) and how I related it with my study of the law. I wish I still have the same idealism and skill I had in college. 

8. I took extremely crappy photos back then and thought I was being artsy. :))

9. I miss drawing, among other things. I've been drawing since I was 3 years old, and I really thought it's the one skill that would remain constant. Now, I hardly draw. I want to do it consistently again. :(

10. I was surprised to read how much of my personal life I've written on that blog. Haha. In a way, I'm glad I did, though. I have bigger regrets about not writing enough than writing too much about my life. 

And for that, I resolve (for the nth time hehe) to blog more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...