Saturday, June 9, 2012

Post-morning run post





I just had heavy breakfast after my weekly morning LSD (long slow distance running) with my 5k group at the Milo Apex Running Clinic under Coach Janet. We usually run around the U.P. oval at least three times but today, we passed slopes and inclined roads around U.P. for 45 minutes straight. I found myself lagging behind my groupmates (I thought this was a 5k beginners' group??), most of which were older than me, so I tried my best to keep up though I was catching my breath during the last 10 minutes of the run. My running pace and endurance have improved so far (thank you Endomondo for tracking my runs). Having a coach and a group to run have, of course, been really encouraging. I had my misgivings at first about signing up for the beginners' 5k because I thought I might be setting the bar too low for my standards (since I've been running - though inconsistently - at the gym for years already). But most of my 5k groupmates in Q.C. are competitive and being with them has motivated me to push harder every time. Now I can confidently say I'll be able to breeze through a 5k race. I'll aspire for a marathon next time. Baby steps. Hehe. 


I love the feeling of running so early in the morning - it gives me an intense energy boost to last the entire day and a sense of accomplishment. It also justifies my weekend food bingeing. :P

After running for almost an hour on the pavement, Coach Janet advised us to do a light jog around the grassy area for recovery, to relax our leg muscles. It was where we had a mini family shoot last week (photos of which I'll be posting soon). 


The weather was beautiful today - sunny and breezy, as opposed to last week's gloomy weather.  



Some shots from last week and this morning. Feeling artsy. Harhar:




By the way, I signed up for my first 5k. EVER. :)) I missed the Brooks Run, so I signed up for the ValuCare Run on June 16 at the Bonifacio Global City:

(Got the poster from Titanium Runner



One more month and three weeks of training. I'm surely going to miss this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...