Sunday, May 13, 2012

Trentahin

Caramel cake from Estrel's. Thanks Chi!

Two Tuesdays ago, on a Tagaytay day trip/joint birthday celebration with my law school friends and my mom (and Jenn's mom), I wrapped up my week-long 30th birthday celebration, Months ago, I considered having one big party for my 30th, but I realized it's better to have several intimate celebrations than a big one so I can spend more time with each of my friends/family. (Besides, I don't have the budget for a big celebration. Hehe) To be frank about it, I wasn't feeling my birthday the entire week. Exactly a month before my birthday, my cousin from the US also turned 30 and he was posting mildly depressed status updates about it on Facebook. I didn't realize how depressing it actually felt until I turned 30 myself. That week, I felt more irritable than usual, and I had one ugly dream that sort of rubbed in certain issues in my life and left me feeling deeply upset when I woke up. As the week progressed and I started to meet up with my friends/family, I felt blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people who have stood by me through the years. Yiz, so cheezy. Hehe. God reminded me of all the blessings he has given and the experiences he had allowed me to go through, including the recent US trip I had with my family, that I have no reason to feel bad about getting a year older.



On the day of my birthday, I was greeted by my family members. My youngest nephew, Toby, greeted me through Skype:


I planned to run at UP, but went to take a dance class at the gym instead:


Dinner with the family at Eastwood:





Lunch with officemates:



Dinner/surprise cake with my D12 group from CCF:






Dinner with my college "harkadah" (hehe) at Greenbelt:


Thank you Penny for the yummy strawberry cake:



Dinner at B&T Mexican resto with photographer friends:








Finally, joint birthday celebration (with co-30 friends Chi and Jenn hehe) at Marcia Adams in Tagaytay with the law school friends:










Foggy Tagaytay:




Again, thank you so much for all the people who shared my birthday lunch/dinners with me. You're all awesome. :D

2 comments:

  1. Awww! 30 is not bad at all!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh di pala napublish comment ko! Hehe. Thanks for the encouragement Aida!! Ang mahalaga lang ata mental age :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...