Tuesday, June 12, 2012

An Afternoon with Agos Kulay Maynila

The group with Ms. Sunshine Cruz-Montano and her three lovely daughters :)

Art is still my first love. I was drawing even before I began to write. Of course, so many things got in the way and I never got to pursue it as a career or a hobby. Thankfully, I still get to express myself through photography but I think I want to get my hands dirty again with a pencil and paper. 

Inspired by my artist friend and D12/discipleship group co-member Jemina Reyes (who launched an exhibit last month at Ricco Renzo Galleries), I sought art workshops that teach watercolor. She told me about Agos Kulay Maynila, an artists' circle that focuses on watercolor (or any water-based media). They meet every two weeks at the Ayala Museum. It is open to everyone, and there's no need to pay any joining/entrance fee. You can simply drop by during their sessions, grab an available chair and easel, and just paint away. They're very accommodating so you can ask the artists about their techniques. 


On the session I decided to join the group, they invited actress Ms. Sunshine Cruz and her three daughters to pose as models. 




Before she arrived, they asked someone else to model so they can draw (as warm up. Hehe). Can you guess who it is? Wahaha




I attempted to paint, but I found myself erasing my work every five minutes. I felt that my drawing hand was getting rusty. So I just took out my camera and took photos, observing all the other artists as they finished their work.

























The child photographer in me just had to capture Sunshine's kids' candid moments:

 



Of course I had to have my photo taken with the model :))

Hehehe
These are the artists' works (it must have been quite a challenge to draw me haha)



This one is my favorite:


Thank you Agos Kulay for the free sketches! :) I hope I'll find the time to join you again one of these days. Now to find a space to hang these drawings..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...