Thursday, June 14, 2012

This week at the running clinic


It's our second week at the Apex Milo Running Clinic, Level 2. (I signed up for all three levels) It has been raining sporadically the past weeks, but it hasn't stopped us from running. Strangely, and fortunately though, the skies clear up every 6 pm just in time for running class. It drizzles for a few minutes, but that's it; nothing that would inconvenience the running groups.

Running, as I've learned from the past month and a half, is not just about running. It's about having the proper form and strength/endurance. Before I joined the clinic, I'd usually do some warm-ups and cool downs and, for the rest of the workout, just run aimlessly without any regard to form or speed. At the running clinic, we devote more than half the time for each session for body strengthening and core development. We do a lot of stretches and exercises to maintain our balance. (More often than not, I'd be left with a sore body the next day. Hehe) While running, the coaches would sometimes call my attention regarding my form. Apparently, I sometimes run with my arms/elbows too far away from my body. I've been gathering a lot of great tips from the pros that would help me in my first 5k (ever! Hehe) this Saturday at BGC.

Some photos I grabbed from the Apex Facebook page, taken this week.

That's me in the front row in the green sleeveless singlet :))

Yes that's me on the gray mat. Hehehe

The 5k group

Cooling down after the exercises. My favorite part of the session :P



My progress last Saturday from Endomondo (I need to work harder on my speed):



Looking forward to this Saturday's run :) I wonder when I should go for my first 10k?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...