Saturday, May 14, 2011

Zamboanga, Days 2 and 3

LIA_6262 copy
LIA_6251

One of the many perks of being a photographer is getting to travel (on all-expense paid trips) to different places, sometimes, places you wouldn't even consider visiting. As I mentioned in my last entry, I got to visit Zamboanga for the first time last weekend when we covered a wedding for Imagine Nation. I don't know what places to visit in Zamboanga particularly, so I consulted my good friend Chi about it who recommended the restos, Alavar and Palmeras. We ate there at the Paseo Del Mar strip on Saturday night, after the Muslim ceremony.



On Sunday, the wedding ended early (as early as 7 pm). Having nowhere to go, we decided to go to Paseo Del Mar again. We were supposed to go to Pasonanca, but we were told it was too far from our hotel, so Paseo Del Mar it was. We rode the "trysi" and ate at Mano Mano na Paseo, where we also watched this band who played a variety of songs.

LIA_5810
LIA_5818
LIA_5822

we had chicken barbecue with unlimited rice:
LIA_5851

crispy shrimps:
LIA_5854
kilawin:
LIA_5858

closing time:
LIA_5870

LIA_5891

Then we went back to the beautiful Lantaka Hotel, where the preps and reception were held. We sat by the beach and took more photos:

The team:

LIA_5929
LIA_5939
LIA_5933
LIA_5931

The following day, we did a post-nup of the couple. There wasn't time to do the in-between shoots on Sunday, so we did it the next day, since we had ample time and nowhere else to go. We were supposed to shoot at the museum, but it's closed on Mondays. So we just shot around the area, at Paseo Del Mar (again), and outside Lantaka Hotel (again). Hehe. It was fun though :)

LIA_6260

We had lunch at Mano Mano sa Greenfield. Another perk of being a photographer - free fooood :D

LIA_6293
LIA_6294
crispy shrimp again: :D
LIA_6299
LIA_6300
LIA_6308
LIA_6309
blue marlin:
LIA_6314

It rained shortly after we finished eating. Good thing we were done with the shoot. We headed to the airport in the afternoon and got home at 6 pm.

Congratulations, Rio and Lea! :) I really had fun at your wedding. I'll post your wedding pics soon in my website. Hope to visit Zamboanga again soon :)

I realized I do miss shooting weddings, and I miss working with a team, especially when you have such great people to work with. I look forward to the day when I'll get to shoot again consistently, and balance it better with my day job. :)

More photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...