Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yesterday's Run and the End of the World

The world didn't end yesterday, as predicted. It's shocking, and sad, knowing how a lot of people actually held on to the belief that the rapture would happen yesterday; I read people quit jobs, left their families, spent their savings all because they thought the world was ending. Yes, people are still misinformed about the end times. While no one knows for sure how things will be when judgment day comes (no matter how much you study the book of Revelation, so many questions will still be left unanswered), we must be comforted with what the Bible says - judgment day wouldn't come until everyone on earth hears the gospel.

Anyway, yesterday was my niece, Sophia's 8th birthday, and here's a short photo slideshow I made for her:

Happy 8th Birthday Sophie! :) from Lianne Bacorro on Vimeo.




We talked on Skype in the evening and she even blew a candle on a cake cinnamon while my nieces, sister and I sang happy birthday. Thank God for Skype and fast internet connection. I can't imagine doing this with a lousy dial-up connection from way back when.




Yesterday was also free comic book day, and my niece, Patti, called me up early in the morning to ask if I can drive her to Fully Booked to claim a comic book. She thought she can choose from their selection, but she was only given a short Green Lantern comic that was specially printed for free comic book day. I told her it was better than what I got years ago - a photocopied compilation of strips made by local artists. It was cute though. I think I threw it out already. Hehe.

I was looking for a nice runners' belt when I found out that there's a newly-opened Runnr branch at Trinoma! :) So I got myself a Nathan belt (I told my other sister I'm getting it as her gift for me. hehe) And I saw an athletic top (which I'll tell my other sister to get for me also as a late birthday present :P). They had a promo - for every 3k purchase, you could get a sports bag for only P185. So I bought the belt and top and was able to buy the bag. And they threw in a free pair of socks (for purchasing items worth P500 and up). Nice :)






I wasn't entirely decided about running, but I was too excited to try out the belt that I ran around the UP oval in the afternoon. A few minutes after my cool down, it poured like crazy. Good thing I was done with my workout.


.

If the world was indeed ending last night, I probably would've spent it the same way. Hehe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...