Sunday, May 8, 2011

First Time in Zamboanga

ARL_1659
star sighting at the airport. wahaha

Tonight, I'm blogging from the city of Zamboanga for a wedding shoot. This is the second to the last shoot I have as a photographer of Imagine Nation Photography. This is also the first time I'm shooting a wedding outside of Luzon. The farthest I've gone before this is Baguio. Next month, I'll be shooting in Boracay, also for Imagine Nation. That's the last shoot I have thus far, and I'm not really sure what I'm going to do after.



We're staying here for three days (sorry Ma, I can't be there on Mothers' Day. and sorry Pa, I couldn't watch the Pacquiao fight with you. Hehe). I thought we'd have a Catholic wedding tomorrow, and I was surprised to find out that we're actually shooting a civil wedding tomorrow and a Muslim ceremony today. I haven't shot a Muslim wedding before (although I've covered an Indian wedding already), so it was bound to be interesting. And today's ceremony definitely was. It was certainly a break from the usual Christian weddings. It's always nice to learn about other cultures. Tomorrow's a long day for us (Monday too, since we'll be shooting a post-nup), so I have to be ready for that.

Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to going to Zamboanga to shoot. Most of it had to do with lethargy, plus the fact that I hadn't shot weddings in a while I feel that I've lost my wedding shoot mojo (if I had any to begin with. Haha). But as we were nearing the airport, I felt excited again about shooting and getting to travel. There's always something extraordinary about traveling from one place to another. I envy the big time photographers who have at least one out-of-the-country, work-related trip every month. I'm sure it could get pretty busy and stressful, but I think it would be nice anyway to have that kind of lifestyle.

A few minutes before boarding time, we had a celebrity sighting - Mr. Derek Ramsey. Haha. I'm not a big fan, but heck, I'm jologs enough so Arlene and I rushed to the Gonuts Donuts stand, queued behind the fans' line, and had our photo taken with him. Hihihi. We almost missed our flight because of him (we didn't realize the crew were announcing our names already. Haha)

ARL_1661
with mommy Arlene

Another celebrity sighting, our videographer, Julius! Haha

ARL_1664

We shot the entire afternoon and in the evening, we went to Paseo, where we ate at Alavar's (as per Chi's suggestion). I remember there used to be an Alavar branch in Manila. So this is where it originated.

We left our DSLRs at the hotel, so the camera phone was all I had :P

07052011265
07052011266
07052011267
07052011268
07052011271

After dinner, we had knicker bocker at Palmeras for dessert. It's like halo halo, but only with fruits and gelatin. There was also a huge scoop of strawberry ice cream on top. It reminds me of coco cha cha in the Filipino resto, Mong Kok in San Francisco back in the day. Food always tastes better in the province :)

07052011274
07052011272

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...