Sunday, May 29, 2011

That long overdue Singapore post - Day 1





I was going to blog about that long overdue Nepal post when I remembered I haven't even posted about the Singapore trip early this year. Not that I owe it to anyone, but I just want to document every significant travel, shoot, breakthrough, epiphany (none this year yet though), etc. for future reference. So now I'm dispensing with this first before I finally move on to the Nepal trip. :P



As I wrote in my photo site, it was my first time to go to Singapore without an itinerary. Usually, I would plan out what to do for each day so I wouldn't have any idle time, but this time, I didn't have an itinerary in mind. I had some people I was going to meet though, so I figured we'd just play it by ear when I get to Singapore.

Half of our first day was spent at the hotel. My parents were too tired to go out, and it suddenly rained in the afternoon so they lost interest in going anywhere. They just slept at the hotel and ordered food at a nearby Kopi Tiam. I was set to meet my friend Carl, who was also there on vacation. I took an MRT to get to our meeting place, Chinatown.

LIA_0530 copy

LIA_0536 copy

We decided then that we'll go to Haji Lane since I've never been there before. We were supposed to take a taxi but it was difficult to get one (due to the rain), so we just rode the MRT and walked a bit to get to the place. Anyway, I love commuting in Singapore because it's so convenient and cheap.

LIA_0535 copy





LIA_0550 copy


Haji Lane is a long row of restaurants and shops selling independent brands and quaint items. As much as I wanted to buy every little thing I saw, I didn't feel like shopping that time and I would much rather take photos. :P

LIA_0566 copy copy

LIA_0563 copy

LIA_0570 copy2
kitty cat!
LIA_0580 copy 2

LIA_0577 copy

LIA_0594 copy

Nice graffiti at the end of the street:
LIA_0610 copy

LIA_0606 copy

Then we had dinner at Ebisboshi, a Jap resto, in Iluma.

LIA_0641 copy

LIA_0665 copy
This is how you order:
LIA_0649 copy
Carl had the steak and I had a tonkatsu bento box. I was so full after.
LIA_0672 copy

LIA_0676 copy

After dinner, I had a quick dessert at Clarke Quay with my high school friend, Erika, and law school friend, Chi:

LIA_0677 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...