Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Milo Finals (A Super Late Post)



What: Milo Finals
When: December 9, 2012
Where: SM Mall of Asia
Category: 10k
Time: 01:09:43

Last December, I joined the second Milo Run for the year. For the first Milo Run, I joined the 5k category; this time, I was able to finish 10k. I'm still in awe by the fact that I can actually go from 0 to 10k in a few months. Haha. I don't think I've stuck long enough in a particular sport this long.




At the Milo Run, I was with my running buddies Riza, Wawa, and Jen. We saw a lot of our classmates from Apex Running School headed by Coach Jim Saret. Jen and I (as always hehe) came in late. We were texting each other before the race and found out that we were almost at the same area at the same time. I picked her up at the gas station near Blue Wave and we went to the starting point together. The 10k race had begun when we got to the starting line. We were running and fixing our race bibs/iPods/hydration belts at the same time :)) No warm-up whatsoever (and I highly discourage this :)) )

Despite the lack of warm-up/preparation, I felt at ease at the race. I didn't exert much pressure and I told myself I'll enjoy it as much as I could. The 10k group reached Roxas Blvd./baywalk, where there was an ongoing dragon boat race. It didn't feel as long and obligatory as my previous races.

After a little over an hour, I got to the finish line. I went to the car for my cam and took some after-run photos:

Like last time, all the Apex Running School students had free water/sandwich and our very own tent.



This is Coach Danny, one of the Apex Running School coaches, with his marathon medal:



This is "Team Ice Cream", runners from the 10k group:

Team "Sabanana", also from the 10k group:



Rico from Milo Apex 21k in QC and Coach Madel:


This is Coach Jim with everyone. A few days before was Coach Jim's wedding. Fun fact. Hehe :P



This is the youngest member of the 10k group, Pablo. He finished 10k too and he's been consistently training with us at the Clinic. He's such an inspiration to all :)



Some members of the Fitfil, headed also by Coach Jim:





Hello, little buddy. We meet again:



Me with the TSW girls and Peach. With Coach Danny of course:


Photo op with Coach Danny's medal:






Breakfast at Gerry's after the run:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...