Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy.....Birthday Kris Aquino!



If today didn't end the way it did, I would've cursed Vday forever and ever. 

This morning, I woke up at around 7:15 - which is later than the usual time I get up - and I knew the day isn't going to run smoothly. I usually wake up at 6 am, 6:30 at the latest. Our office is just a five minute drive from where I live, but I move pretty slow, and I want to get to the office a lot earlier than 8 am. I was able to get to the office before 8 am, thank God, then I attended a meeting with the boss, the big boss, and the bigger boss, together with other lawyers, to discuss something that involves a little bit of Philippine history. The rest of the officemates were celebrating Vday in a restaurant somewhere while I was stuck at a lunch meeting. When I got back to my cubicle, someone played a prank on me and turned Vday into April Fools'. I was really looking forward to running tonight while the rest of the world is on a date, when I found out training has been cancelled. Apparently, a lot of the runners couldn't make it. (I think I was the only one who can. LOL) 

Well played, universe. 



I was thinking of something else to do that's less pathetic than going straight home to edit photos (in short, working), when my mom texted me and asked me if I can make it to a family dinner tonight. Two uncles from the U.S. and a close cousin from Saudi just arrived and one of my uncles (who's celebrating his birthday today) wanted to have dinner with us. I don't know why I was told about it only a few hours before. They wanted good ol' Pinoy food, so we planned to eat at Gerry's. Hehe. 

When we got to the resto, I found out my uncle reserved around thirty seats. As it turned out, more relatives were invited to dinner. (Why do I not know about this?) We had a mini-reunion there, where we bonded over kare kare, pinakbet, sisig, crispy pata and tuna belly (and some other dishes I can't recall). I was able to catch up with my two uncles and my cousin, who I haven't talk to in a long time. 

I may not have a romantic date tonight, but God has reminded me once more that He has given me a loving family who will constantly be there for me no matter what my marital status is. It's funny also that I've been worried about having nothing to do and nowhere to go tonight, when a solid plan has already been set. God truly has a way of surprising us even when things don't seem to go our way. 


I also received the following sweets: Clockwise from top left - 1) mini red velvet cupcakes from my good friend Jen (as you can see, only one cupcake is left. I already ate that one too :)) 2) more cupcakes from one of the bosses 3)  flower pastillas, also from one of the bosses 4) a personal note with the cupcakes.



Now I feel bad that I didn't get anyone anything. 

(Added blessing: I found out tonight that I'll be able to watch Stars live this Saturday! Thanks Melay! :D)

And to end this entry with something Vday related, here are some quotable quotes given by Miriam Defensor Santiago for Vday: 

Insight # 1

Alam niyo ba ang iba pang tawag sa Valentine's day? Para sa malungkot na single, ang tawag dito ay Single's Awareness Day. Para sa mga masaya na single, ang tawag dito ay Single's Independence Day. Pero sa mga walang pakialam, ang tawag dito ay Thursday.

Insight # 2

Did you know that an earthworm has five hearts, whereas an octopus has two hearts? Kaya kung may kilala ka na nagmamahal ng higit sa dalawa, tanungin mo kung anong klaseng hayop sila.

Insight # 3

Kapag ikaw ay nagmamahal pero sasaktan mo rin lang naman, hamunin mo na lang ng suntukan.

Insight # 4

Ang taong nagmamahal nang tunay ay parang matalinong estudyante na kumukuha ng exam. Hindi siya tumitingin sa iba kahit nahihirapan na.

Insight # 5

Para sa mga single, umuwi nang maaga mula sa school o sa trabaho para isipin nila may date ka.

Hope you all had a great Vday :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...