Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Last night in Maryland






It's our last night here in my brother's house in Maryland. Tomorrow afternoon, we'll be flying to LA, go on a long drive to Las Vegas on Thursday, then finally leave for Manila next week. This has been the best family vacation we've had in more than ten years. Not that I have much to compare it with, since this is the first time in a long period of time that we've been complete. Last time, Sophie and Toby weren't even born yet. I'm not sure when we'll have a vacation with the entire family again, but I do hope we'll all set aside time and money for the next family vacation/reunion. And next time, as my sister suggested, we'll film the whole thing and turn it into a reality show. :P


I was planning to keep this blog regularly updated in real time while I'm here, but it's quite difficult to squeeze in blogging time between interstate drives, shopping, and food trips. I'm just posting what we did this morning. This is a typical morning at my brother's house. I took photos of us as we were looking for deer. My dad, after his morning walk, announced that he saw a herd of deer by the woods. My eldest sister wanted to see one so bad that we walked towards the site. Since I didn't have time to change, I walked out in my pajamas, slippers, and unruly hair. My dad and three nieces joined us. Good thing it wasn't freezing outside.





Unfortunately, by the time we got to the site, they were gone. I wish I walked around that trail more.




We just walked back to the house while I took photos of one of the neighbor's cherry blossom tree. It's very pretty:





We did a little bit of pasalubong shopping at TJ Maxx, Target and Costco. For dinner, my dad's old friend prepared us a sumptuous Mexican spread. She prepared everything and I tried all the dishes. Harhar. I'm so fat.

Each day here has just been extraordinarily awesome and I thank God for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...