Saturday, April 14, 2012

Notes from 40,000 feet above sea level

Taking home all these to Manila
LA time: 2:49 pm, April 10, Tuesday
Manila time: 5:49 am, April 11, Wednesday

We finally wrapped up our US trip, which is probably the best US trip I've had. Ever. :P In three weeks, we covered five different states, and I got to spend quality time in Maryland with my entire family, which doesn't happen very often. From the foggy streets of San Francisco, we moved to Ohio, explored the forests of Maryland, and saw the deserts of California. We jumped right in everyone else's spring break plans. I was also able to shop a little (despite my initial plans to hold off on shopping hehe) and score great bargains, run a little, eat a lot. I'm not sure though if we'll have enough budget to go through this again, so we'll probably push through with my sister plan to turn the next vacation to a reality tv show and hopefully make a profit out of it. Hehe.



I know I've been saying this over and over, but I'm just extremely grateful to God for all His blessings the past three weeks. I'm so thankful for all the gracious people we've encountered, for all those who drove us, showed us around, accommodated us in their homes, and fed us (I don't know why everyone wanted to stuff us so much hehe). Even the weather worked in our favor in every state we visited. I felt God's hand work, not only in the trip, but also in my personal life. Even if I wasn't consistent with my time with Him, He never wavered and continually took care of things despite my busy-ness.

This trip reminds me of the long summer travels I've had before, when I still had real summer vacations. I feel like a student all over again after the vacation, preparing for enrollment and waiting for another academic year to start. I remember feeling recharged and refreshed from every vacation, ready to take on a new school year. I know this time around, I'll be facing different challenges as I go home - I'll be turning 30 in a few weeks, I'll be going back to work, and I'll be looking for a new job and starting with a lot of other things. But somehow, the past three weeks gave me a different mindset that would allow me to handle better the impending challenges that would come my way.

LA time: 5:51 pm, April 10, Tuesday
Manila time: 8:51 pm, April 11, Wednesday

I'm watching the movie, "Something Borrowed" starring Kate Hudson and John Krasinski (Jim Halpert of The Office). which is about a boring, single lawyer who was celebrating her 30th birthday. From that premise, I thought the movie it was something I can relate to, but 15 minutes into the movie, I realized that's so far as the similarity goes. The girl had a huge crush on a guy from her law school since their law school days, and the guy eventually became her best friend's fiance. Girl found out later on, a few months before best friend and guy's wedding, that the guy had liked her all along. Girl ended up with guy after a while and after an ugly confrontation. It took the guy a long time to decide though and he didn't have the balls to make a move on her in the first place. He didn't break off the engagement and left the girl hanging for quite some time. I honestly didn't like the ending and I hope girl just ended up with her guy best friend who seemed to have been overlooked through the entire movie. Guy best friend genuinely cared about her and was protective of her to the point of confronting law school guy about his indecision. And I'm biased because the actor who played guy best friend plays Jim Halpert from The Office. And I think Jim Halpert's such an ideal boyfriend/husband/dad. Hehe

Anyway, I'm thinking about all the things I have to do when I get home:

1. Renew my US visa which expires in July (but look, the immigration allowed me to stay until September. Hehe)
2. Go visit the derma. The cold weather wasn't exactly gentle on my skin
3. Actively apply for a job because I'll be unemployed come August
4. Go to the gym as much as I can and lose the pounds I've gained the past three weeks
5. Sort all the photos and compile them into a series of albums
6. Draft a feasible life plan
7. Plan about upcoming shoots and delegate more work to others
8. Fix my closet and room
9. Plan my 30th birthday celebration(s?)
10. Comply with my MCLE units
11. Catch up with friends

LA time: 2:35 am
Manila time: 5:35 pm
Tokyo time: 6:35 pm

Just boarded the plane at the Narita International Airport. We ate ramen at the exact same resto we ate in our way to Sanfo. The little cashier person who served us before was the same person manning the counter when we ate there three weeks ago. I ordered the worst and most expensive royal milk tea I've ever tried in my life at $4.50 or P200 plus. I forgot we're not in the Philippines where heaps of sugar are added in every drink.

Taken three weeks ago :P



In a few hours, I'll be home im Manila. While I miss my family in the US and everything in that country, again, I just feel thankful for the vacation and for having the opportunity to experience what we did. See you in a few hours, Manila :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...