Thursday, May 10, 2012

Running Again



After almost an entire month of pigging out during my US vacation, I was determined to lose all the fat I've gained by going to the gym. It was difficult going back, but once I started attending classes, exercising became a habit again. I haven't ran outside the gym since I got home though. I mostly attended the group classes at Fitness First. I was already contented with my usual routine at the gym until a few weeks ago, when my good friend, Riza, texted me about Coach Jim Saret's running school. Taking up running seriously was actually not on my priority list (in the meantime anyway), but I thought the price of PhP1,800 for a three-month running training, plus a singlet + expert tips + opportunity to actually improve my running form, was very reasonable. Presumably, it would also get me to finally sign up for a real fun run, which I'm always too lazy to do and make all sorts of excuses for. 



I signed up for the QC Circle group, which holds its sessions every Mondays and Wednesdays. Since I had a prior engagement last Monday, I joined the Bonifacio Global City group last Tuesday for the intro. I was thrilled to see such a large group at the venue. And I thought running was the new badminton (and as they say, malalaos din yan). Apparently, a lot of people are still into or getting into the sport, which is good for us Pinoys (to at least counteract our love for unhealthy but irresistible food. Hehe). 




I only signed up for the 5k, beginners' group led by Coach Ariel. During the training, I thought if it would have been better if I signed up for the 10k. Then I thought of the sessions I'm sure to miss and I realized 5k may be just fine for me. Last Tuesday, we had some drills and we ran a bit around BGC, at this nice new park by Bonifacio High St. That morning, I felt I was developing a fever, I had slight dysmenorrhea, and my body felt exhausted from the weekend shoot. But I still ran and I'm still alive. Haha. I'm so glad I felt a lot better today. 

Today, I joined the session at QC Circle. The 5k group was led by Coach Janet. Training was more intense this time, but it was just as fun. I realized it's nice to run with a group of other running enthusiasts every once in a while. Especially when there's a coach pushing you to your limits. Hehe. I'm really looking forward to more training sessions. I'm hoping to run my first fun run soon. Who knows, with proper training sans the nega attitude, I might even make it to 42k. Harhar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...