Sunday, August 21, 2011

Last Saturday


August 13-14 was supposed to be spent with PiPho in Las Casas, Bataan for a local photo op, but then I decided not go when a shooting gig for The Stork Studio came up for August 13. (Also, I realized I didn't have enough funds anymore for another out of town trip. Hehe). Within the week, I was given another shooting opportunity, also for August 13 but at a different time. It was for the Tinghun or engagement party of Joel Pedro and Carolyn Tan-Chi, the youngest daughter of CCF Senior Pastor, Peter Tan-Chi. I knew it was going to be a tight day, but I was thankful for the opportunities and I was excited to shoot both events.



So I woke up earlier than usual to get to the the Tan-Chi residence at 8:00 am. The entire family was so warm and accommodating. And Pastor Peter's grandchildren are simply adorable.





During the preps, Carolyn was telling us how Joel proposed to her. It's truly amazing how things fall into place when God is in the picture. :) 


Reception was held at the Shangri-la Hotel Edsa. It was a very intimate event (with only 5 tables at the function room). We were given goody bags. And they gave me (and the rest of the ladies) flowers. Heehee



This is one of Carolyn's nephews. Sooo cute:



It was the first time I covered a Tinghun event with a praise and worship segment. The words "fun" and "tinghun" don't usually go in the same sentence, but I can honestly say I had fun at this event. Joel and Carolyn were smiling and laughing the entire time. Hehe :)



Pastor Peter Tan-Chi and his lovely wife, Deonna:



Carolyn's nephew, Elijah, read the scripture:













What we ate:







It was truly a blessing to be surrounded by such great people.

After a full lauriat meal at the Shang, I rushed over to Manila Polo Club to shoot a Star Wars-themed birthday party. I was supposed to change into something more casual, but I didn't have time, so I was still in a bright red dress when I got there. I don't think anyone cared though. Hehe. There were Storm Troopers at the party. I want Storm Troopers at my 30th Birthday. Even if I'm not into Star Wars. Hehe

In the evening, I had buffet with a friend at Manila Pen since he had coupons for the Escolta. Yes, I had lunch at Shang and dinner at Manila Pen because I'm sosyal like that. Bwahahaha. 'Didn't eat as much as I wanted since I was still full from lunch. Buffets require hours of preparation and I was just not in the proper condition to overeat that day. Tsk. Hehe. 'Had tea and went home at past 1 am. Despite the fact that I lacked sleep the previous night and I was quite tired from shooting the entire day, I didn't go home feeling exhausted at all. (Had slight indigestion though but I expected that. Hehe) I love long days like this. :)

1 comment:

  1. wow, joel's engaged! he's gideon's cousin, did you know?:) congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...