Sunday, September 4, 2011

Office Uniforms, Rainy Season Collection



More than a year ago, I blogged about the hideous uniforms at the office. After the summer break this year, we were forced coerced directed to wear a new set of uniforms. I think these are comparably better, if not for the loud colors. And the fact that we're not allowed to pair them with jeans (!).


They just can't get over the color yellow:


This is the only one I can tolerate:


A few days ago, I wore this shirt to work. On my way home, I was caught by the police somewhere along Edsa for dropping of my officemate at a drugstore. The police officer told me I should've dropped her off a few meters away, then pointed to an area with a large sign that says "NO LOADING AND UNLOADING." Are you freakin' kidding me?? Obviously, he was hoping to receive a bribe that day from an unassuming victim by making up some traffic violation. Of course I didn't give him that satisfaction. After I talked to him and casually mentioned where I was from, he immediately let me go. I was thinking his reaction had a lot to do with my uniform.

Less than an hour later, I was freshening up at a restroom in Power Plant when the lady guard approached me and asked, "Ma'am, tenant po ba kayo?" She had to repeat the question since I didn't get it the first time. Apparently, she thought I worked at the mall. And what do I blame for it? No other than the shirt. Nyahaha. Just when I thought my uniforms would always command respect. Note to self: Do not wear uniform in sushalin places. :))

On the same day, I was walking around the mall and saw Ateneo Law students who looked more lawyerly than I did. I didn't have the heart to tell them that in a few years, they'd probably look like this. :))

I wonder when our office would come up with uniforms that would actually make us look and feel like we're lawyers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...