Thursday, August 11, 2011

Random Update and 5 Blessings

I haven't blogged in quite a while, and I don't know where to start. Since my last entry, I've been to Hong Kong, have had several shoots, watched the Incubus concert (for the second time in this lifetime), watched several movies, unexpectedly witnessed a friend propose to his girlfriend, and committed to join the Dgroup I've been attending in CCF. And this week, I started running again.





With my frequent failed attempts at running, I was beginning to think the universe didn't want me to run. There was always a reason to postpone, but mostly it had to do with bad weather. Last Monday, however, it didn't rain the whole day and I knew it was the perfect opportunity to get back on track. As usual, I parked my car near the Economics building in UP and walked to the nearest restroom to change. To my disappointment, it was locked. So I drove to the Bahay ng Alumni (it was the only public restroom I knew that was surely open) and found that the second floor ladies' restroom was closed since it was being cleaned. I went to the first floor and finally changed into my workout clothes. Then I drove the car again to the Economics building and started running 30 minutes later than initially planned. I was starting to get discouraged since I found out the Econ. building restroom was locked, but if I didn't run then, I didn't know when else I would run. Trivial as it may seem, it was an exercise in persistence, and I'm glad I was able to run, even for just 4.29 km.

The next two days, however, had been a baboyfest so I must've offset the calories I've lost last Monday. Hehe. Anyhoot, it was a good start. I hope I can run again tomorrow.

* * *

Last year, I started a tumblr account where I listed 5 things I'm thankful for every single day. For a time, I was consistent at it, and it really helped me to focus on God's blessings instead of magnifying the low points in my day. I realized later on that tumblr wasn't the best medium for it so I stopped. But looking back, jotting down 5 blessings a day has helped me gain a positive outlook on life and has assured me that everything's well with the world. So I'll just write the 5 blessings here. Here's my list for August 10, 2011:

1. Free lunch at Aristocrat with the officemates to celebrate Kuya Lito's birthday
2. Dinner at Le Bistro Vert with my officemates, Z'sams and Pam (my usual partners in crime. Hehe) using our coupon from Dealgrocer

I shot for their promo weeks ago, so I recommended the resto to them:






3. Watching Drop Dead Diva. I've been into lawyer shows lately (DDD and The Good Wife). Sometimes I wish I were practicing again. Then I get back to my senses five seconds after.

4. Getting several inquiries for photography services for the past two days. I still get giddy whenever anyone specifically asks for my services. Heehee

5. Having new songs in my playlist: Pupil's 20/20, The Revelation Song (LSS from last Sunday's service), and Coldplay's Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. I love Coldplay to bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...