Sunday, July 7, 2013

Yez I'm Back

Since I last posted, I turned a year older (I'm now officially in my early thirties :(( ); I've had two beach trips; my siblings from the US arrived (and the entire family is together again); moms' day passed; dads' day passed; my eldest niece just went to college; I lagged behind in running; and Maya Dela Rosa officially became Sir Chief's girlfriend. Harhar. I had tons of material I could've written about and a lot of photos to accompany them, but I simply couldn't make time for blogging.

Three weeks ago, our office sent us on a training to take up a course led by a Harvard Business School Professor. I've always contemplated going to business school, but I think I have too much on my plate already that it's impossible to add anything more (and that would probably force me to give up shooting, which I can't do), so I'm glad that we have the opportunity to take these courses once in a while. 

These are just some of the photos from our seminar: 






The fog was so thick, a friend messaged me on Instagram, asking if I was in Singapore taking photos of the haze. :)) I'm hoping to get the official group photo soon so I can post it here. Ehe.

On our first night in Tagaytay, I had a lot of time in the evening and nothing to do (aside from reading up on a case study we were supposed to discuss the following day). I had no one to go with; the only other people I knew were the bosses and some acquaintances who had other people to go with. I had no means of transpo to go anywhere. I didn't want to spend the entire night holed up in the hotel room so I decided to stay in Starbucks to Facebook/study. Hehe loser. I realized then how much I missed my family. (And the sun.) I got so used to spending time with the entire family the past weeks that I wasn't used to spending time alone anymore. Thing is, before they arrived, being alone was the norm for me. As long as there's work to be done (and work never gets finished hehe), I'm ok with being alone. After the balikbayans leave, I'm sure it will be difficult to go back to my daily grind.

In stark contrast, this is how I spent the past week with my family: 





When I arrived from Tagaytay on Wednesday, I went straight to dinner with my siblings and their families in Don Day. Yes, I was home again. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...