Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Year End Meme


And I now present the annual year-end meme. 




1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
- Go to the US armed with a DSLR
- Join a fun run and finish 10k/12k!
- Put up our own photo biz/group
- Live independently (sort of)
- Surrender a great part of my life that I've been holding on since forever to God

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make resolutions, but I made a list of goals. From the list, I was able to accomplish the following: find a new stable job, start the photo biz (emphasis on start), run regularly, continue to attend D12 group and services

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My high school bestfriend Nirvana (for the fourth time!) Hahaha

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes :( (See previous post)

5. What countries did you visit?
US and Singapore. That Singapore trip came as an afterthought. I didn't plan on taking other trips after the US trip, but I booked at the last minute. 














6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Determination, confidence, an alert mind (harhar) and leadership skills

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 16, 2012 - when I started working at my new job. December 27, 2012 - my aunt's death

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Finding a new stable day job, starting Sunny Side Photo and running 10/12k! :)

(Not my medal. Haha)






9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to run well during the 12k race I joined

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, my right food/leg sustained injury from running

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Photoshop actions? Haha I'm such a geek :)) Clothes/accessories I bought in US during Spring Break; Oh, my iPhone. How can I forget :P

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
A lot. I'll have to list them down in a different entry

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This certain supplier I had to chase after. Grrness. But it's all done now thanks to my friends

14. Where did most of your money go?
Again, travel (which includes shopping funds). And camera gear of course

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Spring break US trip! :)

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Underneath the Sycamore by Death Cab for Cutie. I never went out of my way to understand what the song's about but I'm assuming it has no direct relevance to my life in 2012. Hehe. But I've been listening to it since the Spring Break trip and it never got old. 

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Despite the recent events, I'm definitely happier and steadier.
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? richer (in my relationships. chos)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
art-related stuff; reading books

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Facebooking/mindless Internet surfing; doing/redoing things because of carelessness/absent-mindedness :P

20. How will you be spending New Year’s?
I spent it at home with the parents and the cousin. And my brother and sister on Skype. We had turkey courtesy of a family friend, arroz caldo and ham. We had a GGV marathon. It was the quietest New Year I've had ever

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
On cellphone, my good friends Diane and/or Lai :)) On Skype, my sister (as always)

22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Nope :) 2012 had left me single (yet again hehe) but things have been surprisingly steady

23. How many one-night stands?
Durr

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Still, Parks and Recreation; Big Bang Theory. I also started watching Suits

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I think so. I just couldn't recall who. Hehe. I promise to hate less this year

26. What was the best book you read?
Lemony Snicket's new book (which I gave my niece Patti for Christmas :)) )

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Toe; Laneway Festival artists (Of Monsters and Men, Polica, etc); Bon Iver

28. What did you want and get?
New job; more shoots; to join races

29. What did you want and not get?
My aunt's recovery

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hunger Games

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a simple dinner with my family in Old Vine, Eastwood; had several other dinners with friends (on different dates). I turned 30 :((((
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Complete independence from my parents; or a full-time job that I really feel passionate and excited about

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Shifted from casual government to corporate. Bwahaha. And I wore singlets a lot :))

34. What kept you sane?
Knowing that God is in control and letting Him stay in control. And I say this in all honesty, without the cheesiness. This year I learned not to force things and just allow Him to work in my life. I swear my load became 50% lighter. 

Also, my family.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The Ms. Universe Runner-up, Janine Tugonon. She's the only person I can think of at the moment. Hehe

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
RH Bill turned Law

37. Who did you miss?
My aunt; a friend who left the country for good (but we still get to see her every once in a while so it's ok)

38. Who was the best new person you met?
new running friends



39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
I learned a lot, but the major life lesson I've come to realize is that, when you say you want to follow Christ, it means giving up EVERYTHING for Him. It took me a long time to realize that part of the Christian life is giving up things you want that are not aligned with what God wants for us. He knows what is best so the best thing to do is to trust Him and let go. 

Last year, I also learned to value my family more, starting from our reunion/vacation in the US up until my aunt's recent death. I feel blessed to have a family (and a bunch of friends as well) who will always be there no matter what happens.


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"When there's a burning in your heart
An endless yearning in your heart
Build it bigger than the sun
Let it grow, let it grow
When there's a burning in your heart
Don't be alarmed"

- You are a Tourist (Death Cab for Cutie)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...