Thursday, October 18, 2012

Run (WALK) for Pasig


I'm not counting this in my official list of races for this year, because I literally walked the entire time. Hehe. I'm not even sure if I reached the 5k mark; I took a u-turn somewhere in the middle of the Tandang Sora flyover. BUT it was an interesting experience nonetheless.

Weeks ago, my niece, Patti, asked if I wanted to join the Run for Pasig River on September 30, 2012. She was running with her sister (they were given an incentive in school for it). It was only (Haha ONLY) a 5k run, and the registration fee was pretty cheap, so I said yes.

I later on realized that I had two shoots that weekend - a wedding on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday. I figured I can tolerate the fatigue; my only concern was I might develop a migraine on Sunday (which I sometimes get after running). The run would've been manageable if I hadn't developed a sort of flu days before the weekend. I had terrible cough and colds (and I didn't take a leave). I got home past 12 midnight on Saturday night and we had to wake up at 4:30 for the run. I didn't want the reg fee to go to waste (no matter how cheap it may be :P), so I slept for a few hours and pushed myself to wake up the next day. Patti told me the assembly time was at 4:30 (I tried to negotiate the time since the gunstart was at 6 am, but she told me the school asked them to go at 4:30). So we got there on time and gathered with the rest of their schoolmates at Cluster 27:



30 minutes later, I told my nieces to just run without me and I needed to sit this one out. Sleep was more important (especially since I had a shoot that morning). So I trooped back to the car and took a nap. At 7 am, I woke up. The sun was out, and they were in the exact same position they were in at 4:30. They hadn't started running yet!






This is Patti. She isn't hard to miss. Hehe


I was feeling a little better, so I decided to join them. I had no intention of running - I was planning to just walk and take photos (I mean, how bad can it be?)





My other niece, Bianca





My nieces walked/ran with their friends while I was taking photos of the other "runners"/onlookers:






It's raining....




Walking on the flyover! Probably the only chance I'll get to walk on the Commonwealth flyover:



I realized my nieces were gone. I called Bianca and found out that they took a u-turn a few meters back. I walked to the finish line as soon as I found out.










Then we had Pancake House for breakfast. The best thing about running is probably carbo-loading. After the run :))


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...