Friday, July 27, 2012

Last Weekend


The Milo Apex Running Clinic QC 5k Group :D


I told myself I won't let the weekend pass without posting a blog entry. (Oh, it's the weekend again! I didn't notice :P) The past weekend (and the past week as well) just held too many blessings and I would like to write about all the things I've been so grateful for:





1. Strength. During one of my quiet times/devotions last week, I came across the verse in Lamentations 3:20 - "Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed." Truth is, I wanted to skip the entire Lamentations book altogether since I didn't think I'd find anything significant in it (besides, the title isn't exactly enticing)- until this particular verse and the verses that followed just jumped out of the page and caught my attention. At the end of the week, God actually showed me how real this verse is in my life.

Last Saturday we were supposed to have our last LSD for the Milo Apex Running Clinic at the Fort. Sometime last week, I was asked to shoot as a back up photographer at a wedding, also on the same day. I was worried at first if I'll last through the day, but I still agreed to shoot (primarily because it would be a privilege to shoot with the Erron Ocampo; and partly because I won't get my salary until mid-August and I needed the money. Hehe)

Saturday came and I woke up past 4 am. Though I was able to sleep for a good six hours, I felt so tired when I woke up; worse, I felt a migraine developing. I tried to take a nap for a few minutes, but it didn't help. So I left the house despite my condition. I was thinking twice about going because of the terrible weather (typhoon Ferdie was at its peak) and the migraine, but it was going to be our last day to run (plus I don't want to miss the photo ops hehe) so I still went. Thankfully, I arrived at the Fort in one piece. I found out there were a lot of runners who came late, no thanks to the bad weather. We had a long photo op - and yes, it was raining the entire time. We were literally soaking wet after the photo op. I didn't think we'd still run, but we did. For around 30 minutes, we ran around Bonifacio High Street, under the hard pouring rain. At that time, I seriously thought I needed goggles because I had a difficult time keeping my eyes open - raindrops were bothering my eyes. At that point, I didn't even care about getting colds anymore. I just wanted to finish the run. In hindsight, I realized my migraine would've gotten worse if we ran under the heat of the sun.

With all the deterrents - bad weather, lack of sleep, etc. - I felt so fortunate that I felt energized after the run. I don't know where I got the strength, but I didn't feel a hint of migraine the entire day; I never felt sleepy or tired. I was up until late in the evening because of the wedding shoot. I concluded that this kind of strength can only come from the Lord.


Really bad weather during the photoshoot



2. The running group. When I joined the Milo Apex Running Clinic, I didn't think I'd be friends with a lot of them; or have fun in the process. I just wanted to learn more about running and improve my performance, I didn't expect to enjoy the company. The group is very diverse - with mostly married people, a lot of them 35 years up, from various fields and jobs. But a lot of them are very friendly and we do have a great time each session. We encourage and push each other to do better at running. I knew I'd miss the sessions soon after they're over. Of course, I also have to give credit to Coach Janette Agura. She's super patient with us and she's always in a good, positive mood. I never saw her get frustrated with us. She never fails to remind us to do better and to always turn to God in everything.


Giniginaw daw :P



Coach Janette giving her thank you and good luck speech :)

3. Wedding shoot. So I went on to shoot at the wedding with Erron. He was one of the pioneer wedding photographers in Imagine Nation and one of the most sought after wedding photographers in the country today. His photos are just simply elegant and I would love to get him for my wedding (if and when I do get married and if I'd still afford him by then. Haha). I was able to shoot with him a few times while I was still an apprentice. He left shortly after I joined the company. So when he asked me if I could shoot as backup, I agreed.



When I reached the venue, I learned that Erron's wife, Jesy Alto of The Color Artistry, was the make up artist. Threelogy was covering the video. I caught myself feeling out of place in the midst of such talented people. I felt exactly the same way when I backed up for Jayjay Lucas a year ago in Boracay, when I was surrounded by his team, Tin Diestro of LSF, and the creative people of Mayad Studios. It sucks to be a boring little lawyer at these moments :)) Anyway, it's just so inspiring to spend time with these people, to witness how they work, and to see the awesome output from their efforts. I know it takes a ton of talent to reach the same status. I know I won't probably attain the same level as these people (I don't see myself going full time as a photographer in the future) but I do hope I'd get to touch a lot of lives through photography.

So thank you Erron for allowing me to back up last Saturday. I look forward to shooting again with you in the future. :)

4. The new job. I survived my first week at the new job! Woohoo! :D I feel thankful for the mix of work + photography gigs I have now, and my goal is to be excellent, not mediocre, in both fields. I realized, inasmuch as I need an adventurous, exciting, unpredictable job (which I found in photography), I need a stable job as well that would keep me grounded and secure, but not busy enough that would deter me from shooting. And I found the perfect combination now with my current job. It's good to exercise both sides of the brain; it helps me to appreciate more what I'm doing in both fields. I realized, I was doing almost the same thing when I worked at my first job years ago (sans the court appearances), but I had a different attitude then; I felt insecure and I was easily discouraged. I'd like to think after all I went through the past years, I grew up a bit. Hehe. Thank you also to my good friend Chi, who told me about the opening and who I now eat lunch (and merienda hehe) with everyday at the office. :)

5. Macarons. Just because. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...